Please talk me down

Reply to
chuckk

Say Tom, I don't think they are out of allottments here in Seattle ! You order one and I will go pick it up and drive it to your house :-) ..... what do you think ? :-) ( I would even buy the gas ! )

Bruce RED '91 ( in Seattle )

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Excellent. Retro displacement and modern technology. This will clearly get the Mustang newsgroup all worked up.

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

That'd start getting into the AC Cobra territory in a big way. Actually, the thought of building a Cobra 427 replica would have been preposterous to me 15 years ago but now it sounds like a fun project if all the planets were to line up.

Building a stretched "Cobra 490"; whew... that'd be a money pit.

:-)

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:45:35 GMT, Tom Howlin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

Maybe this partial reality check will help.

Red

"Lanny Chambers" wrote

"BRUCE HASKIN" wrote

$84.00 one way to Seattle from Dulles. Unfortunately starting May 1.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

V12 = Martha... I hope you're gonna clean that seat. :)

Heckler

Though, the V-12s out there don't seem to be quite the big-block American monsters that the V-10s are.

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

DON'T SELL THE MIATA.

I went through this situation last year. Bought a Subaru STi, drove it for six months--12,000 miles--and sold it. Sure it's awesomely fast, tight, reasonable gas mileage, great on gravel and snow, more practical than a Miata, blah, blah. All the car mags love the STi and the Corvette.

But: High performance sports cars are not, in daily use, nearly as much fun as a little Miata. The Miata is fun because in normal daily driving you can push towards its limits a bit, say on the highway entrance ramp. In a real performance car like a Corvette or an STi, the limits are so high that you can't get near them on the road. In a 50 mph situation where your Miata is fun, the Corvette will be boring. Are you going to be screaming around at

130 mph on your daily commute? I didn't think so.

LUCKILY for me, I didn't sell my Miata. Just kept it parked in the garage for six months. Then one nice day last spring I got it out and put the top down and went for a drive, and when I got home I took the STi back to the dealer...

Reply to
DH

It's not about the power, it's about the sound... You rally can't beat the sound an Aston Martin Vanquish makes.

Heckler

:-)

Reply to
Dana H. Myers