Power source in trunk

I fly electric model aircraft and need to install a cigarette lighter style power outlet in the trunk to re-charge the batteries. Is there a wire in the trunk that is always hot that I can tap into?

Randy

Reply to
BCRandy

"BCRandy" wrote in news:M0o2h.45478$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net:

What are you driving? If it's a NA or NB Miata the battery is in the trunk, you can connect directly to it. If it's another car or an NC Miata you'll very likely have to string your own wire.

Reply to
XS11E

Ummm -- is this a trick question? How about the big fat red one that runs to the positive terminal of the battery?

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

XS11E wrote in news:Xns986F5E202F6C1xs11eyahoocom@69.28.186.120:

I should have mentioned if your car has a trunk light there will be a hot wire going to either the light or the switch that operates the light but it will probably be a very small wire with little current capacity. Depending on the current draw of your charger it may or may not be adequate.

Reply to
XS11E

pltrgyst wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

He didn't say what he's driving. That wire is missing if he's driving a 1932 Terraplane... or a NC MX5.

Reply to
XS11E

Well, it is a Miata group, so that eliminates the Terraplane.

So where is the battery on the NC? Under the rear seat, like BMW? 8;)

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

pltrgyst wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Under the hood, on the passenger's side toward the front of the car. It's moved there to keep you cheapskates from not buying batteries every two or three years, by having the battery right behind the radiator it will get lots of heat and fail regularly making the battery folks very happy.

Every day in every way I like my NA better and better!

Reply to
XS11E