Saddest day of the year...

It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop went on a few minutes ago. 8;(

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

"pltrgyst" wrote

Larry...The high was 45F in the DC area today. Surely there are a few more top-down days left in the year. I haven't even raked any leaves yet.

-- Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red Inside the Beltway [Remove the first two digits to reply]

Reply to
Ken Lyons

About 80F here today, top will stay down almost all winter as usual.

Reply to
XS11E

Today sure made my old bones feel cold on the motorcycle! I'm sure there are a couple of nice days left, but I don't have a rear window in my old, shot soft top right now, it rarely gets driven during the week, and we're going to be away much of the rest of the year.

If there's a warm weekend, it only takes a minute or so to take the hard top off now that I've rescued it from the storage locker. And, of course, it will be off on New Year's Day, snow or shine. Long-standing family tradition...

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

I think the car looks pretty cool with the hardtop (mine's been on for a month, along with the steel wheels, because I had to park it at an airport for a while).

It's still good to take it off in spring.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Mine is not on yet but since I had to remove ice from the windshield this "morning" (11 AM) it's only a question of getting a few dry days in a row and it goes on (I want the soft one to be dry so I need dry weather).

This time of year I always wonder why I live in this country. Short days, useless wet winters, record high tax levels, high living costs... one basically has to though it out till spring :-)

Kind regards Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Updated needed!

It's a bloody snow storm outside - It ain't a weather for man nor Beast!

I have had it with this global warming thing. We have had the warmest, wettest summer with a record low in hours of sunshine and now winter starts almost two months early :-(

Reply to
Bruno

So far, I've resisted that step this year. Of course, I just got the side striker plates on Friday.

Hmmm, that was one of my excuses to *not* put the hardtop on - guess I'll have to use the other one for a couple more days. Except I already got the new catches for the front and they're sitting in the kitchen now.

GuessI can always use - it's going to get warmer again by the middle of the week here in Eastern PA.

Seriously, we've only had one real frost so far and I really need to make sure that rear window defroster works before the hardtop goes on.

Last year, it didn't go on until after New Year's. It would have come off on New Year's Day anyway for our Polar Bear Run.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

Bummer! Up until two or three weeks ago it was too hot here in Florida to drive with the top down except at night. So at least somebody somewhere's driving a Miata with the top down, and when spring comes we'll pass it right back to you. Anyway it's got to be a gas driving a Miata across snow! All the exciting danger of hi-speed driving without even having to go fast, means Thrill Ride o' Doom gets to last even longer!

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

Reply to
W. Kiernan