shaking little 90

why does my '90 shake when my foot is on the brake when it is in drive???

Reply to
cashbury

It's idling too low, and/or it's misfiring. Try replacing the spark plug wires first.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

You probably have a vacuum leak on the power booster (poviding of course a 90 has such)

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

Not knowing precisely what you mean by "shake", I'll provide yet another possibility: warped brake rotor(s).

Reply to
John McGaw

Turn the idle up about 50 rpm and/or clean the thottle body with a spray-type throttle body cleaner. Automatic transmission need to idle faster than the manual transmission cars for several reasons. Auto transmission miatas do seem touchier about a dirty throttle body. I would not worry much about the spark plugs unless they are actually fouling, but miatas are definitely hard on their spark plug wires, so that would be next on my list of to-do's.

Reply to
Brian Minto