Snow?

I drove to Anne's for dinner last night around 6:30PM and found the Miata with funny looking white stuff on it, I'll bet the poor little thing never expected that here in Phoenix!

I can't recall the last time I saw it snow here and not melt as it landed.

Fortunately, Mazda saw fit to intall a very good heater and.... I had the top up (that's not usual but it's been raining.)

and

XS11E

We've *finally* had some of that white stuff here in Eastern PA - matter of fact, there's some out on the yard and sidewalks right now. Ugh.

I actually broke down and put the snow tires *and* the hard top on for the winter. Not bad, though, making it through to the middle of January before having to do those jobs!

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Our little red 93 ended up with 2-3 inches of that white stuff on it Sunday night. Monday morning I went out a half hour before leaving for work and started it. When I got back in to leave for work it was very nice and toasty!!! And the snow was easily removed, even though it had turned to ice during the night. Tom in Tucson, Az.

Reply to
Cat in the Hat

the miata heater is all you could ask, and somewhat beyond if you want, in snow country. art, '91, spokane

Reply to
Art McGinn

Just remember (you normally fair-weather-friends) not to touch that plastic rear window when it's seriously cold. I don't remember the temp it has to get down to but at some point, it gets super brittle and will shatter w/ very little provocation. I hope ya'all don't get cold enough to worry about that ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

It doesn't even need to be particularly cold - I cracked mine that way, putting the top down when it was only just below freezing. Good advice, Chris.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

Hah, in theory! The only thing the UK seems to do in litres is petrol - everything else is still in imperial as well as litres (milk etc). And they still haven't abandoned Fahrenheit on TV and radio weather reports either, at least not on the programs I listen to/see...

I wonder - that'll cost millions, to replace all the street signs (speed limits, roadsigns telling you how far it is to... etc). Plus all the car speedos... I reckon it'll still be quite a while before the EU manages to impose that one, don't you think?

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber