Snow tire recommendations

I need new snows this year. The Dunlop Graspics are almost toast and I didn't really like them anyways. I was probably going to get Blizzaks but if anyone has any other suggestions I should consider, please let me know. My tires now are 175/65-14 (I'm finding out 14" rims really limits what I can buy) Thanks.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

I just got a set of Nokian WR from etires.com. They feel much better than Blizzaks or Arctic-Alpin on dry pavement, and are supposed to be as good as anything on snow. I didn't have any problem finding tires for

14" rims, but I went with 185/60.
Reply to
Grant Edwards

Grant,

I have a set of four Bridgestone Blizzaks on my '95M that I've had for

4 years. They are fantastic in the snow but not very confidence inspiring on a dry road. I have to dial my cornering speed way down from what I can do with the summer tires, more like the cornering speed of the family sedan. But they are great in snow and ice!

Doug

Reply to
Doug Collette

I had four Cooper winter tires on steel wheels, they were great on ice and snow and still pretty good on dry roads. Frank Sawin

Reply to
Frank Sawin

I'm using Toyo Observe GO2+ on ancient Honda steel wheels. They've got great grip on snow, ice pellets and ice cuz I tried them out in a mall parking lot last winter. They're 185/60-14.

Reply to
Nora