Top Headliner

There used to be an insulating headliner available on line for the convertible top. One summer in Florida has made me want to try one! I just finished looking at every vendor at Miata.net trying to find it, with no luck. Can anyone help?

Randy

Reply to
BCRandy

"BCRandy" wrote in news:%QAKg.45230$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

Check ebay.

Reply to
XS11E

Doug Wilson

Nice work Doug!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Wish they had one for an NC...

Reply to
Doug Wilson

PLEASE NOTE ! The Duettomoters liners do not fit factory tops for '99 and on !

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Good point. I mean, nobody really wants the M2/NB miata anyway, but it is good to know for the M1 owners who have put a 1999+ top on their miata. ;-)

Pat - running for cover

Reply to
pws

you can run but ...........

Does Duetto advertise them as working for the NB?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Bruce claims no, I am too lazy to look right now.

I hope you realize that I am kidding, the M2 looks much better than that RX-8 looking thing with the rear end sitting way too high that they are calling the MX-5 now.

That was a joke too, BTW. I want a 2007 MX-5 with the folding hardtop, BAD. With enough money, I would probably have one, (or two), of each generation.

Pat

Reply to
pws

pws wrote: >

Actually I kinda almost sorta...

I had this '93 for six years, then after it got wrecked I got a '99. One of the things I liked about the '99 from the start was how very close it was to the older design, which was just about perfect, as we know. But it was a bit off, very slightly different feel, seventy-five pounds heavier, that was unsettling. But now that I've driven the '99 for four months I think I've got the feel of it. I do like that bit more power; transparent not translucent rear window, CD works, AC works; new tires & alignment, oh yeah! I've even gotten kind of partial to the non-popup headlights; less junk on line between my eyes and the asphalt. So I've decided my NB's real fine, I'm really diggin that Miata groove thing like I used to do. But today I was driving into the grocery store parking lot, and parked there was a white NA with the 14" OEM wheels, looked just like my old one, and I was all, "damn sure wish I had _that_ car." That's some classic bodywork.

You know, having wrote that I suddenly recall how the other night I had the most suck-ass dream which till just now I had forgotten. In this dream I was driving down the Interstate at night in the rain and suddenly I saw the guy ahead of me stopped dead, I jammed on the brakes but too late, I rear-ended him, then the guy behind me rear-ended me. In the dream nobody was hurt or anything but I remember thinking "Oh no, oh no, whatta huge God damn hassle, now I've got to go out and buy _another_ car," and then I woke up. Urgh what a crummy dream.

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

Reply to
W. Kiernan

I actually like the look of all 3 miata models now. The original will always be a classic, because it was, after all, the original. The fact remains, though, that the youngest M1 is now about 10 years old. As reliable as the cars are, you had better start to expect some problems after that much time.

If you want a really bad dream, watch that video I posted the link to. :-)

My bad dreams almost always involve falling, usually off of an elevated road at high speeds in my specific car that I am driving at the time, ugh. Someone told me what that is supposed to mean but it sounded like hooey to me and I forgot it already.

Pat

Reply to
pws

When I looked at their site lastnight, they show in print that they will only fit "their" soft tops for (NB) M2's. They don't show that for the (NA) M1's, so I guess they will fit factory soft tops for ( NA ) M1's.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

pws wrote in news:X%5Lg.12421$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

I sort of think Miata has followed the route of BMW motorcycles, I really liked the airheads (and the NA Miata), I learned to sort of partially maybe like the early "K" bikes (and the NB Miata) and now neither BMW or Miata build anything I'd want to own.

My bad dreams, and they are repeated fairly frequently, always involve me going out to a parking lot and finding my car is gone. I'm never

100% sure that I recall where I parked it and frantically search the lot before trying to call the police and report it, I always wake up before I'm able to get to a phone and make the call.

I've NO idea what that might mean but since the dream is as often as 3 to 5 times a year something is bothering my subconscience...

Reply to
XS11E

3 to 5 times a year? I wish. Try every second or third night, sometimes even every night for long periods of time.

Hmmmmm,

Pat

Reply to
pws

Thanks to Doug for the reference. Too bad it won't fit my M2! I guess I'll suffer with the heat....

As for dreams, I'll risk taking this thread into left field.... There are almost as many theories about dreams as there are therapists, meaning the experts really don't have a clue about them! I see them simply as our subconscious mind processing repressed or denied emotions. As a therapist, I don't see much point in trying to figure them out. But if you want to just for fun, enjoy!

Randy

Reply to
BCRandy

Isn't that ironic, that the OP is a therapist! Now, that is a sign............... I don't know what it means but, it's definitely a sign!

Right Randy?

Randy?

Chris

99BBB with rarely a recollected dream! Am I dreaming and not remembering them or am I not dreaming much ....... that's what I want to know.

Randy?

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo