Tranny & Rear Axle Fluid Change

I am the proud owner of a white, very cherry 1990 MIata with 49,000 miles. It's a 5-speed. I was reading the manual last night, and it recommends changing the tranny and rear axle fluid at 6 yrs/ 60K. I am not sure whether this has ever been done or not (the records I have don't indicate it has been). Should I go ahead and change both of them? I know with some tranny's they're sometimes better left alone (I'm thinking of older automatics), but I can't imagine that's the case here. Any tips on changing these (I plan to do it myself). It looked fairly straightforward in the owner's manual. Thanks!

Reply to
Tom

Check miata.net. To get the oil in the trans, you'll need either 3' of tubing and a friend, or a pump. The differential is a little easier because there is more room. Group wisdom recommends Red Line MTL for the transmission and MT-90 for the diff.

Randy

Reply to
BCRandy

If you look down about 12 posts, I posted a similar question about "Owners Manual".

Chris D'Agnolo posted a great answer that gives the weights and amounts of fluids.

Tim

Reply to
Healeyman