90k service

I just recently bought my maxima about a month ago and it is slowly approaching 90k miles. I have been running fine, with a few things that bother me ie. transmission, engine lagging at low rpms, etc. I have read around and find the 90k service should fix everything wrong. (oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter every 15k, cleaning of the throttle body, trans flush, coolant flush, fuel injectors most probably replaced, anything else to add?)

Well anyway the question is how much did everyone else pay for this service? I am a typical broke college student with a parttime job and just barely making my bills. Parents don't help me out so I'm all on my own. Do you know any auto place that would actually have payment plans? hehe Thanks.

Reply to
99blackmax

I went from the 60k service to the 120k service. In between, nothing but air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, coolant flush as needed. Fuel injectors? Haven't heard of doing anything with them on Maximas - you probably could remove them and send them out to be cleaned and flow tested, but that's overkill on these cars, IMO.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

While it probably would benefit from changing all those fluids, there is no reason to go into hock having it all done at once. There is nothing magic about 90k on this car. It does not have a timing belt and the rest of it is all routine maintenance that should be being done routinely anyway. I certainly would not pay a dealer the ridiculous price they charge for packaging it all into a single service.

If it is running smoothly, there is absolutely no reason to mess with the injectors.

If the accelerator pedal sticks the first time you push on it in the morning, clean the air intake.

The plugs should have been changed at 60k. If there are no records to indicate it was done, change them now.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Hi,

if your saying that the fuel injector was never replace on the maxima,

it has been replaced before,

the fuel injector on the third gen has been replace before, the third gen is the only gen that i have heard of them replaced,

I don't know about the 4 or 5 gen ever replacing the fuel injector,

Reply to
maximagxe90

Thanks for the replies. Someone almost convinced me that I had to do a million and one things to maintain my car. Anyway, I have to get aroudn to changing the plugs and throttle body. The only thing weird is the auto transmission being very jerky between gears 1, 2, and 3. It is intermittent and not all the time. Also I hear a low clunk noise each time I let off the throttle, and when putting my car from park to drive, going into drive gear, it makes a noise very similar if not a gear grinding. I'm guessing a transmission flush would do it, but if those are telltale signs of the tranny dying, I'd like to replace it while I'm free during the summer. Thanks for your replies again.

Reply to
99blackmax