Where's the best place to find a NEW TOP ??

Any reccomendations on where to get a new top and window for a 95 Miata?

Also, what's needed to put in a glass window ? I'm thinking as long as the top's getting replaced it may be nice to put in glass . (unless it's too cost prohibitive).

Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

There are several aftermarket sources for tops- most have glass-window tops that will fit your car. The tops are quite different because the inflexible glass window is smaller than the flexible/unzipable plastic.

Robbins is a well-known brand, and makes tops in several grades (as well as a wide price range- from

Reply to
jchase

Check this URL

&PlateTypeID=1&ComponentID they have glass top windows, I recommend whatever top you buy that you get it with a rain rail as this simplifies installation.

Reply to
TBG

Check recent posts here and on miataforum.com about various choices. Also check the product reviews on miata.net. The Duetto no-zip glass top has gotten a couple of favorable reviews here. I would not like to have a Robbins top since when down they lay much higher than stock, destroying the sleek lines of the Miata in my opinion. If you do not care about the looks, they are very good quality tops.

I installed an M2 top on my Miata,

they are expensive even used, because of demand. Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

"Leon van Dommelen" wrote

I snapped a photo of our Robbins no-zip glass top in the down position just to show people what you are writing about:

It gets even worse as it tends to rise up while the car is driven. We tend to not use the boot cover, which DOES fit over the higher Robbins and would hold the top down.

Reply to
Ken Lyons