Trying to find a deal on an MX 5

Looking to buy an MX 5 Grand Touring model w/ 6MT. There are many LEFTOVER

2006 models here in Pa sitting next to the CURRENT 2007 models. The price for 07 has only increased $100 over the 06 and now the GT has heated seats, so I don't see any cost differental. Has anyone found a dealer who truly has lowered the prices on his 06 models, or do I have to wait until the cars are under 2 feet of snow? Any information will be appreciated.
Reply to
chance

I doubt many dealers are going to advertise a low ball price. Wait 'till there's 2 ft of snow on a favorite, then make an offer. Bring a broom or a leaf blower and clean the yourself.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Thanks, Good advice. Before I pay close to MSRP for a LEFTOVER, that will probably be my plan. Bought my last new convertible the day after Thanksgiving and the dealer was "quite accomodating". It's a toy that will only go into storage until April so I guess there is no hurry.

Reply to
chance

Hmmm, did you check at forum.miata.net in the "Pricing and Dealer Discussion" and "NC" forums? I haven't checked those recently, but I recall discussions of the NC's going for close to INVOICE many, many months ago. I would think you wouldn't have to pay close to MSRP on any NC. But maybe I'm off base. (As probably you) I'd expect incentives on leftovers on top of that to boot.

Haggle. Good luck!

Reply to
Dave

Where in PA are you? Just being curious as I'm over here in the eastern part and drive my Miata year round. Just put good snow tires on all four corners and you're good to go.

And if you're not sure what year to buy, check with a local Miata club - there's usually folks there willing to either take you for a drive or let you drive their cars so you know what type of suspension, interior, and/or other amenities you'll like the best.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

A dealer offered me a new 2006 GT, 6MT (MSRP $24995) for $22400 today. That included a $1000 incentive from Mazda on leftover 06 models to use their financing. I planned to pay cash but the dealer said I could make 3 payments and then pay off, netting most of the $1000 incentive. What do you think? I'm still looking as car is stored every winter. Thanks.

Reply to
chance

I bought my '06 GT last October (that's October 2005) for invoice (that's invoice, not sticker/MSRP).

Reply to
Craig Wagner

At that MSRP it probably doesn't have either of the premium packages, which means no HID, no LSD, no Advanced Keyless Entry. You should determine if you care about any of that stuff.

In general, figure ~$2000 difference between invoice and MSRP, then include the $1000 rebate... I think you can probably do better. He's still selling you the car for ~$500 over invoice.

Reply to
Craig Wagner

Craig Wagner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Don't know about yours, but when I drove a NC the dealer had 'em overflowing the lot and seemed quite eager to deal (I wasn't, hated the car!)

Now I notice their inventory is very small so it's possible the best chance for a deal is past?

Reply to
XS11E

IIRC, they had two, maybe three, MX-5s at the time. They seemed to simply be more interested in moving cars than holding out for the maximum profit on each one.

I also did my deal through their internet sales manager. Emailed the dealership asking for a quote, and that's what he came back with. None of the usual PITA "I have to talk to my sales manager" crap.

Reply to
Craig Wagner