Use dealer for 48,000 maintenance?

I am a happy owner of a 1999 Mazda Protege. I have always taken it to the dealer for the maintenance checks, but the upcoming 48,000 km. maintenance is estimated to cost between C$314-400. Will going to a cheaper non-Mazda shop be just as good or should I pay up at the dealer to use genuine Mazda parts?

Can anybody recommend a good mechanic that works on Mazdas in the Oakville or Greater Toronto Area? Please reply by posting (or removing NOSPAM from snipped-for-privacy@nospamebuddy.ca

Reply to
Protege

If you want to use "genuine" Mazda parts, I suggest that you get a list together , and call Trussville Mazda. They supply parts at at a decent discount. Use the merchant section of miata.net to find several vendors as well.

Next, if you can find a reputable shop in your area, use it instead of the dealer. The shop should be in compliance with your state laws, and not have any complaints listed in the state web site about automobiles, warrenties, repairs, etc.

Reply to
chuckk