We're not the worst?

I was going to say something 'cute' in response to your post but when I saw your name at the bottom ............ well, that just cracked me up. Sorry, but is that your real name or are you just a beer aficionado?

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Or ice cream?

miker

Reply to
miker

Malt Whisky afficionado!

Stuart H.

Reply to
Stuart H.

Yes! It's infuriating when two drone drivers are in "lock step".

Most of the complaints in this thread prove that most drivers are SO isolated from the World and the road that they are oblivious to their surroundings. Maybe someday smaller cars will be typical and people will suddenly notice they share the roads.

Carb>

Reply to
CR

Works in the UK. Most drivers appear vaguely awake over here, and I've never seen anyone reading a book on the Motorway, though I have seen makeup being applied and obviously mobile phone use (now illegal over here to use a handheld mobile - fixed fine and 3 points on your licence

- 12 points = loss of licence).

Reply to
Rob

One suggestion was that a motorcycle license and two years and 20,000 miles be a requirement for a car license. That just might work...

Reply to
XS11E

That's more like it! Miker, 'ice cream?!' Come on man! ;-)

Hey, this may sound crazy but speaking of whisky, I took what I believe to be my first ever shot of the stuff straight just the other day. Not near as nasty as I expected. Course, I'm only 49, didn't want to rush into it ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I like that plan! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Interesting-- If memory serves, in the US, fog lights are interlocked such that the low beams must be on to activate the fog lights. Not that aftermarket fogs are always installed that way. It made more sense to me to install the fog lights such that the "parking lights" or the low beams are on. (One relay activated by the appropriate light circuit does the job.) The "old" federal standards had something about the low beams being on to activate the fog lights. I have no idea what happened when "deregulation" ocurred.

In the late 70's we lived in a rural section of Germany, in a small town (Ehlenz) fairly close to Trier and Bitburg. So, I've had experience with heavy fog, "Black Ice" and all that. We did have to install a rear red fog light on my 77 Buick Regal. It was the only Red Buick Regal with Hurst Hatches in the area, and generally got a wave thru at the border crossings.

Reply to
Chuck