What is it?

I'm trying to locate a part for a friend. Specifically, it's the plastic plate under the windshield wipers. His is broken on one end and he suspects it as the source of a leak. He's got a '90, and a six-inch section is missing from the passenger side. I don't know what to search for to obtain a replacement.

Anybody know what that's called? Better yet, anyone know where I can obtain a replacement, once I know what I'm looking for?

TD '91 white/FAI, etc.

Reply to
Tonedog

this is called the windshield wiper cowl. it is very common to find them broken. however it is purely cosmetic so there is no real need to replace it. you can find them on ebay if you search for "miata cowl". you can find them from planetmiata -

course your dealer is also a potential source but i think they are quite pricey.

i replaced mine after having the windshield replaced so that i did not have to be the one to fuss with removal of the screw covers. it is not at all obvious which edge the retention clips are so be sure to check your rod's manual for this insight. since your is a '90, i suspect that you need a windshield replacement quite badly. replacing the windshield was the best upgrade i ever did to my '95. and pat was kind enough to sell me a replacement cowl - thanks again pat!

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Christopher Muto wrote: replacing the windshield was the best

Nice to know that parts of my first Miata are driving around in NY. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Gives you a nice sense of continuity, doesn't it? Parts of my Belle are driving around in Delaware, New Jersey and various parts of eastern Pennsylvania. And tha's just the pieces I know about!

I just did the first oil change on the new Miata this past weekend and am thinking seriously about an oil filter relocation kit. Mostly due to the oil coming out at the filter - that's a real PITA to catch!

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

So far, in no particular order:

Canada Mexico Germany Japan Brazil England Netherlands France Singapore Denmark Argentina Italy Greece

California Texas Florida Maine Massachusetts New York New Jersey North Carolina South Carolina North Dakota New Hampshire Washington Washington DC Puerto Rico Hawaii U.S. Virgin Islands Guam Arkansas Montana Alabama Louisiana Kansas Indiana Pennsylvania Utah Arizona New Mexico Oklahoma Minnesota Illinois Colorado Nevada Oregon Virginia Mississippi Missouri Georgia

I may have missed a few, those are all from when I started keeping track. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Doh! Forgot about the cruise control going to Alaska. That is 38 states and US territories total. Maybe I can finish the list one day, but parts are running short. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws