Weather forecast...

Everyone in Arizona and California can disregard the forecast, I have to drive to the left coast on Tuesday so yesterday I bought new wiper blades for the Miata. We all know it won't rain if you have new wiper blades.... ;-)

Reply to
XS11E

But sometimes you _can_ have freezing sleet which hardens to the consistency of diamonds as it hits the windshield and which cannot be softened by defroster or budged by wipers. I remember this from living in Alaska. Luckily it doesn't seem to apply hereabouts. But if it did there is always the '93 Dodge 4WD pickup in the driveway which I don't give a rat's about...

Reply to
John McGaw

So far, it is not working, although it is only Monday. Weather forecasting is clearly an art not a science so your method may be better than all the high powered forecasters.

My Miata does not have new wiper blades since (1) it doesn't go out in the rain and (2) they are "pretty" new. I'm not sure what that says about weather or climate.

Northern California here.

Reply to
Mike

My Miata has new wiper blades today, because (1) it rained, being above 35, and then (2) froze them hard to the windshield, being around 5 a couple hours later. Ripped the rubber right off.

miker

Reply to
miker

That only happens if you can't sweet talk She Who Must Be Obeyed out of her hair dryer.

On the above, why in the world do women get so upset when we do perfectly natural things such as using their hair dryer to defrost the windshield or washing Miata parts in the kitchen sink or....?

Reply to
XS11E

You pig. Use your own hair dryer. I've got a Tim Allen Signature Model...5000 watts of supercharged, fuel injected, ice-melting fury.

Unh, unh, unh...

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I don't have a hair drier, the people at the store said they're only for people with hair.

Reply to
XS11E

I would never do that... I would expect a minute or so of gentle warming to be followed with a loud *CRACK* as the windshield shatters...

miker

Reply to
miker

I NEED a new windshield, mine is pitted, so a crack would mean my no deductible glass insurance would cover it!

Reply to
XS11E

Not if they find out you did it with a hair dryer... :)

Reply to
Grant Edwards