Which is the best year of MX-5?

I am looking at buying an MX-5 for a weekend/track day car and I would be interested in hearing what people think are the best of the MX-5s over the years. I have been told by a few people that the first of the 1.8s are the best?

What do you think?

Reply to
ner_ner

The 94-95 may be the best if you want to modify the car, maybe. (no OBD II). But you can get high power out of earlier Miatas just as easily.

In 1995, the real oil gauge disappeared, but it can easily be added. There are bracing variations, but braces can be added.

If you want to AutoX them, a 93 or earlier, or 99 or later is a better idea.

For normal driving, note that a 1994 is now 11 years old or more. Though they are very sturdy cars.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen