Which models can't use 14" steel wheels?

I remember people saying recently that they can't use 14x5.5 steel wheels due to the size of the brake rotors on some recent models. Is this only on certain packages, or are 14" wheels a problem on all recent Miatas?

Reply to
Grant Edwards

You can use 14" wheels on 99-2002 Base Miatas (10"front brakes). LS and Sport Packages have larger (10.6")brakes - 15"or16" wheel is a minimum.

Best regards, Kempi

Reply to
Kempi

My 1999 with the Leather Package came with 15" wheels, but I have no problem using snow tires on 14" wheels.

Barry

Reply to
Barry

I think the 2003 Shinsen I'm looking at is basically an LS, so I can't transfer my 14" winter wheels from my 96. Oh well...

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Shinsen, Is that the gun-metal grey with brown leather special edition?

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

It's a 2003 special edition with "titanium metalic gray" paint, dark blue cloth top and blue cloth seats with blue door inserts and aluminum dash trim.

Reply to
Grant Edwards