range rover wheels

Hello

Is it okay to swap over the 1975 range rover steel wheels to a rr vogue which has alloys. I assume I would use the steel bolts that go with them but wanted to check about any problems.

Thanks

Smokeyone

Reply to
Smokeyone

On or around 13 Nov 2004 23:02:03 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com (Smokeyone) enlightened us thusly:

should be OK provided you're not trying to put 'em on a P38.

I've seen a RR classic around here with LWB rims on, looks very odd. You will, as you've worked out, need the "steel" type wheelnuts.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hello

AFAIKR the manual for my '83 RRC warned that, if I wished to fit alloy wheels, the wheel studs had to be suitable - can't remember any mention of the type of nut. Suitable studs could be identified by a triangle on the end of each stud. Whether alloy studs were backwards compatible with steel wheels I can't say. I have encountered many 'official' (i.e. as used by HMG) late RRCs with steel wheels but don't know if they were modified to use them.

All in all, pretty unhelpful really!

Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:46:34 +0000, Richard enlightened us thusly:

HBOL for the RRC says "alloy wheels have different studs" without specifying in what way they're different, except that they have either a line or triangle on the ends.

I imagine they're longer.

my RAVE has no mention of it that I can find.

If you have both vehicles to hand, then I suggest you compare the studs. AFAIK the threads are the same.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks very much for the info. It is because the steel wheels have off road tyres and I would like to try out a course. I have heard that you cannot do it the other way round.....

Smokeyone

Reply to
Smokeyone