Window Tinting in reverse?

I have the film type tint applied to the vent windows and side windows of my Miata and AFAIK it's been there since 1992. The vent window have bubbles and other bad spots, the side windows have scratches so I thought maybe I'd remove the stuff.

The question is how? Anyone know an easy way to do it?

It's all still intact, it's an idea I've not persued yet but it really does need to come off because it's looking pretty bad.

I don't know if I'll re-tint or not but if I do, I'd need to get that done professionally since my hands don't work often or very well when they do work. If I took it to a place that does tinting I suspect they'd charge me a bunch extra to remove the old before putting on the new, does any one know about that?

Reply to
XS11E

Hair dryer gently on the outside, lift a corner with a blade and gently, slowly peel off taking care not to tear it up too much.

Reality check...take it to a pro, he'll charge a smidgeon of what the job is worth in your time to remove it if you have a retint done.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

Thanks, that's what I'll do.

I don't doubt you a bit but I'd really like to go tintless for awhile before deciding if I want the windows tinted. I'm not sure tinted windows make much sense in a convertible when the top and windows are usually down.....

Reply to
XS11E

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Interesting.... I found this:

098019The nearest store doesn't have it in stock. And this:
line only.

I REALLY like this one but who knows what it'll cost?

Ebay has multiple pages of them!

I could use a steamer for my clothes but I'm thinking of getting the whole thing done professionally, I'm going to shop around a bit....

Reply to
XS11E