2005 Mustang and window tinting

I just noticed there was no tint on the driver's side quarter window of my new baby. I'd been driving her with the top down since I bought her but the other daymy wife didn't want her hair messed so the top went up. Which is when I found out.

Dealer installed tint (Came on the car already and they stuck me with $299 for it) So I went back and they retinted the window. I pointed out the vertical scratches on the tint of the front windows and the tinter groaned and checked the window rubbers.

Seems the 05 window rubbers do not have the 'fur' on the them so tint gets scratched easily. Looks my dealer is gonna earn that $299 as they'll have to remove the tint, take the inside door panels off, add the 'fur' (felt) retint and put the inside panels back.

Just a warning for those with 05's and considering tint...

Reply to
Paul

Paul,

This matches what a number of pe>I just noticed there was no tint on the driver's side quarter window of

Reply to
Tony Alonso

Be sure you keep your fur free of grit, or you will ahve the same trouble all over again.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Nice.

Reply to
WindsorFox

"Sign uvva Beach!"

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Kate is right, I had some grit on the felt and scored the window tint on both sides. Remarked to the dealer that it was funny that the tint scored at the same locations on both windows (rollers cutting the tint??)...dealer replaced tint at no charge...haven't had a problem since.

Reply to
Mike