WTB: Shock Tower Brace

I would like to buy a shock tower brace for a 1999 Miata. If anyone has one they would like to get rid of, let me know. Thanks.

Reply to
Brian Turner

I got one from eBay for $25 shipped. It works just fine. Be sure to install it with the bar adjusted so that all the play is taken out.

Reply to
Natman

Did it actually take some of the "shake" out when going over r/r tracks or rough roads? They have them on ebay for about $10 plus shipping. Larry Hill

Reply to
Larry Hill

Yes, it reduced the cowl shake quite noticably.

Reply to
Natman

The ones on Ebay are for 90-97 Miata. I need one for a 99. I will keep checking Ebay. I don't need it until spring. Thanks.

Reply to
Brian Turner

I just bought 1 on e bay for $8.50 plus $17 shipping. It is supposed to be for a 99-03. I will let everyone know how it works. Larry Hill

Reply to
Larry Hill

Do you have a 99? I am interested to see how it fits. The description says it fits 90 thru 01. I thought the shock towers were different between the NA and NB style Miata. Let us know. I would order one with some feedback.

Reply to
Brian Turner

I have a 2000. Yes, I will let the news group know how it fits and works. Besides for $8.50 plus shipping, how can you go wrong? Larry Hill

Reply to
Larry Hill

I bought one of these. The bar itself was marked 90-97, but it fit my

99 perfectly.

Natman

AND?!! how did it work? Larry Hill

Reply to
Larry Hill

Yes, it still reduces the cowl shake quite noticably.

Reply to
Natman