1996 626 thermostat?

Installing a thermostat. Does anyone know where the small hole in the thermostat should go? Top or Bottom? Thanks:)

Reply to
:

It iss just meant to allow air to bleed through. I'm not sure if it really matters but it makes sense that it would work best at the highest point(top).

Reply to
tomcas

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (:\) :\)) wrote in news:23251-437844A3-966@storefull-

3334.bay.webtv.net:

Top, always. It is to allow air to bleed through. If the air can't bleed, and a bubble forms around the thermostat, the opening of the thermostat will be delayed and the engine will overheat.

Voice of experience: I rented a car from a guy that ran an independent used car lot and rental car business. I noticed that the car always ran very hot at the start of a trip, then the temp would swing between too hot and normal for the rest of the trip. I spent a lot of time thinking about it. When I returned the car I mentioned the problem. He said he has been trying to solve the problem but can't. Told him to check the installation of the thermostat. A week later I was back visiting the lot and he came over to me and said the he fixed the problem. Thermostat was installed wrong.

Reply to
Gordon reeder

Got it installed..Thanks!! :)N

Reply to