1999 Mazda 626 Driver side headlight will not work

Thought maybe somebody saw a similar problem.. The driver side headlight does not work (Passenger side is fine), The brights do not work either.Checked all fuses, they are ok.. Tried 2 new bulbs.. When I press forward on the stem (head light controls) to put on the Brights, the Blue Indicator light does not come on on the dash panel (The brights do come on on the Passenger side headlight though).

With the headlamps on, no brights, I checked the voltages and the 2 side connections to the headlamp bulb are both at 12V. The center Connection (TOP) has no voltage.

I think the issue has something to do with both sides being t 12V, possibly cause the Brights switch is left on?

Any suggestions are appreciated..

TIA...

Stan

Reply to
stan

FYI... It was a Bad ground, under the battery, it leaked fluid and corroded the wiring and all it took me to find this out was to pay the dealer $294 ..........

Reply to
stan

stan wrote in news:9ELhg.8383$PY6.1563@trnddc05:

D'oh! Too late. That was what I was going to suggest. Remember: a circuit has both a supply side and a ground. Both sides have to be in working order for the device to work.

Reply to
Gordon