2001 Tribute questions

Hi all,

I am a new owner of a 2001 Tribute DX. I am fixing little bugs & learning about my car. What is the rectangular box on the right side back cargo area for? There are two straps in there but nothing in the owners manual even mentions it. Also, will the console out of a newer tribute fit in mine? The console has no armrest as it is too far down. I have seen pictures of the newer tributes console & that would be cool. Thanks.

Pat Portland, OR.

Reply to
Patrick Callaghan