Jeep Soft Top Questions

I bought a soft top for a Jeep Wrangler, and I am hoping that someone here can tell me what the parts to it are for. I recognize the main top part, (not shown), and the piece that latches to the windshield header, but I can not identify two of the other vinyl pieces even after watching the soft-top installation video. The parts are marked "Jeep", and I think that they are OEM factory, but I can not be certain. I have included a page of pictures of the pieces that I have but can not identify. Any help in identifying these parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

It's a half top.. Covers the cab, with a back panel (with window behind seats) and the cover for the rear area with the seat down/or removed...

appreciated.

Reply to
JeepNutz
2 folding plastic pieces (extended they look like 90 degree angles) are for a 97+ TJ for the steel doors. One of the top pics looks like a bikini top of sorts... The rest I can't make out -- did you get all the metal rods/etc for a complete soft top?

Paul

Reply to
Paw

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

David, those 'L' shaped pieces are for the soft top, it is needed for both the half and full-doors. It's only not used when the hard top is on or if the top is off completely. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

The 'L' shape plastic pieces (that fold) are used when the Jeep has half doors instead of full steel doors. The rest looks like a windjammer (goes vertical between the front/back seats), duster (covers the rear of the tub), and bikini top. This isn't a conventional soft top like you probably are watching on the video.

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller

they are bakini top wind jammer( rear curtain) and tonnaue cover for over the rear seat

appreciated.

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Ah, yer right, my bad. Guess I'm just so used to seeing the full steel doors without them (since quite often they have hard tops). Thanks for correcting my error, Jerry. :)

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller

I am still not certain what parts I have or do not have, or what year jeeps it is for. I found these parts for sale for a great price, and I am trying to decide whether to sell them or to keep them for a Jeep Wrangler purchase in the future, which is a vehicle that I have always wanted. I will take some more pictures, including the entire soft top and the metal edge pieces (with weatherstrip) to see if I can find out exactly what I have.

Thanks,

Pat

Reply to
pws

Can you tell what year models these are for? Or is there a way to find out, short of taking the pieces to a Jeep dealership? I also have the full soft top (minus windows) that I will post pictures of later today to see if that helps in year model identification. I am thinking that the pieces are fairly new, because the pieces still have the new vinyl smell and show no signs of wear. The lady that I bought them from did not know anything about the vinyl pieces except that they went to a jeep Wrangler.

Thanks again,

Pat

Reply to
pws