Civic vs Mazda3 fuel economy

Can someone point me to a real-world fuel economy comparison of the M3

2 liter vs Honda Civic 1.8 liter please? The Honda is quite a bit better according to the EPA figures. Does this hold true for real driving?

And the 2.3 M3 gets really crappy mileage according to the gov't. Real?

I like everything about the Mazda3 but the fuel economy.

Rick

--

Reply to
rick

It is alleged that snipped-for-privacy@vcn.bc.ca claimed:

Fuel economy is Mazda's weak spot. And is likely the one thing that will cause me to look elsewhere when I eventually get a new car.

A buddy got a mid-line Civic a couple months ago. He says that the actual mileage isn't that far off of the claimed mileage.

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan

My '05 M3 2.3 manual transmission gets 32mpg without the a/c, about 29 with a/c. I hear the automatics get quite a bit less.

-- Jack

Reply to
Jack Hunt