Power windows acting up on a 2001 Tribute

Hello there!
Sometimes after driving on high speed for about 1 hr continuosly, I go to open the power windows and they won't open. After I turn off the car, they
work again for awhile, then they act up again. It seems to only happen when the A/C has been on. It doesn't do it when driving around town.
Any ideas? Thanks!
Andreas