Diesel Fuel economy.

Hi All,

I have a 2001 E320 CDI Estate, anthough it is good on fuel considering the size of the car, can anyone tell me what is the optium road/engine speed for maximum fuel economy on a long run.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Mr Shvunce

The "sweet spot" for the Powerstroke is just under 2000 RPM. In my F250 with

3.73 diff that's about 68 MPH. However, I once had to limp it along with a transmission leak from Tampa, FL to Little Rock, ARK and I kept it at about 50 - 55 MPH the whole time and got about 23 MPG. The point is, I believe, to go as slow as you can stand for the best fuel economy, but after 2000 RPM it sarts to fall off a cliff.

Hope this helps.

"Mr Shvunce snipped-for-privacy@shvunce.co.uk>" Hi All,

Reply to
johnH