BMW 7 series - mobile phone

Hi My 745 has its own SIM card.

Is there any way I can get it to use the SIM in my existing mobile, without having to remove the SIM from my phone, and insert it in the car each time?

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Paul Aspinall

"We link all of your mobile phones to a single account with one mobile phone number, making life easier and reducing your paperwork. You can make calls from any of them but will only receive calls on the device that you've nominated. To receive calls on a different phone, simply type a short code on the keypad. "

8.22GBP per month per additional SIM.

I don't think any of the other UK networks offer this feature.

Alternatively, you can quickly set a divert on your existing mobile to forward to you car SIM - you'll pay for for the divert leg of each incoming call. Outgoing calls will not show the CLI you may want them to.

Reply to
Grant

All correct, and only Voda do it.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

I spoke to the UK Product Manager for the E65 the other day.

He said BMW UK recognised this as a shortcoming on the car. (No Bluetooth)

BMW are looking to provide a Bluetooth solution within the next 12 months or so. No promises but it may also be possible to retro-fit.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Garey