SLK230 engine problems

I've got a '98 SLK230 Kompressor with about 150k on it. Been a really good car, but over the past couple weeks it's cutting out bad and sounds like the engine is really bogging down. I had new plugs put in about 4k miles ago, so I doubt it's that. I'm thinking either an injector going out, or maybe a coil? Any thoughts? Anyone privy to any more common problem that others regarding this situation?

Thanks chad

Reply to
cabochad

Hello Chad,

I have the same car, but unfortunately I cant give you any advice.

Greetings, Alfred

Reply to
Alfred Inode

Over voltage relay maybe, think this model has one. Jump started anything recently? Blows fuse on over voltage relay and car runs in limp home mode. Cheers Clive Cheshire uk

Reply to
Clive Turnbull

Over voltage relay?

Bullshit, this sucker>> (Clive) thinks he knows a lot about car electrical problems, when he can't even digest the real problem, he guesses a lot and blames others for not knowing as much as himself. The truth is:

The majority of Relays consume less than 2.61 watt. A little over-voltage won't affect them, wrong polarity could affect its good contact IF you designed your own circuit, in any cases other parts in your vehicles consume as much as 450watt, they are likely to be affected by over-voltage. The idiotic Clive is not worthy to post or to help any one here, he confuses you more than helping you. Beware. Once in a while a good guy came along, he jumps in and concludes erroneously.

Many of you posters here are helping each other's emotion rather focusing on the real technical issues.

Good luck searching for the real problem.

Reply to
Richardson

Reply to
jrobertson