Universal Joint "97 S320

My "97 S320 just had a cracked universal joint replaced at 110M miles. It is mostly used on long trips 1500 miles or more. If this broke while traveling I think that it would be quite dangerous as who knows what would happen to a free, not secured drive shaft. Has anyone heard of this ? I have been driving for 55 years and never before heard of it on any car, Thanks for the time to reply

Reply to
John