05 C230 Sport Kompressor C/S driving mode

What really is the difference between the "C" driving mode and the "S" driving mode?

Which will be for faster acceleration?

Reply to
Jack

my slk has the W and S settings, The W setting is for winter driving and it starts at second gear (which prvents slipping and sliding) and the S stands for summer or Sport driving, whchever, and this one starts in first gear.

Reply to
pneposter

As you have probably read in your manual C is for Comfort and S is for standard.

In Comfort mode the the transmission shifts up earlier and does not apply full throttle. Ergo Standard mode is the best for acceleration.

Reply to
ash burton

you've already seen the explanation, however I always thought that 'S' stood for 'sport'.... mind you the difference is minor at best... as previously explained. In my B class I notice it holds that rpm at about 3k rather than

2k... big deal

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz