1974 mercedes 450slc

anyone know the timing and the point settings of this particular vehicle

Reply to
icebeingz
5 degree after with vacumm for timing and 30-34 degree for the points dwell.
Reply to
CaptainW116

You might want to play around with the timing advance a little, though. Five degrees ATDC is pretty far retarded, and was chosen by the factory largely for emissions-control purposes. If you can advance the timing a little without pinging, your power and fuel economy should increase.

My '72 250C has a factory spec of 4 degrees ATDC, but even with

87-octane gas, it runs much better and stronger at about 7 degrees BTDC.
Reply to
Scott Gardner

My 74 450SEL runs best at the factory setting I gave but all will differ to some degree(no pun intended):-)

Reply to
CaptainW116