1990 200E

I am getting a 1990 200E from my brother in law next week. I will be the 3rd owner. Is there anything I should check out in the car when I take ownership of it? I know that the driver's seat is not in great condition - the fabric is torn and the stuffing is coming out. Does anyone know of a place on the web or in Ireland that would be able to help with repairing that? Ideally I'd love to put in leather seats - is this a straightforward thing to do?

Many thanks in advance.

Adrian

Reply to
Mr Funduro

Replacement seat pads are available from the dealer and on line parts suppliers. Changing the seats to leather ones may be easier than recovering the existing seats with leather covers but figure it both ways as the covers are available from the same sources as the cushions. Salvage yards are an alternative for complete seats.

Fix it up and enjoy it.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

thanks for that tip. I am looking forward to my first Mercedes having wanted one since I was a small boy!

Reply to
Mr Funduro

Reply to
fxmalone