1994 e320 wagon codes

Engine light came on and I took it to the garage. They said that it registered as the transmission up shift switch. They reset it but said this is a problem that haas happened before and it will likely come on again. About a month later it came on. There does not seemed to be any thing wrong. Does anyone know how to reset so that the engine light will go out. I tried disconneting battery for a few minutes but it did not seem to work.

Thanks

Reply to
Warren

They are talking about code 26, upshift delay. The problem is the upshift vac element or hose at the tranny has a vac leak. the test is to pull a vac on that line with a hand pump and see of it holds. Reset is under hood at the diagnostic led/sw box[11x/2] After code comes up, hold button for 8 secs, key off for 10sec , on for 10 secs, Start CE will go out

Reply to
AJDalton7

thanx for the info- is the diagnostic led a on the passanger side- what button are you refering to- is there a button on the sw box

Reply to
Warren

Black box w/lid , right in front of battery

Reply to
AJDalton7