2002 W203 C220 CDI differential oil leak question

Hello

Got a friend with a leaky output flange on the rear differential on his C220 CDI. Can anyone give guidance on how to change this as we don't have a manual. I do have the electronic parts catalogue, which helpfully shows a breakdown of the parts. It looks to me that the output drive flange is held through the bearing by a circlip inside the planet gear within the diff. If this is removed (having removed the diff rear access plate), will the drive flange pull out of the bearing (how easy/hard is that?). It seems that once the drive flange is removed, the shaft seal will be easy to replace and can be simply prized out.

Am I close to how it comes to pieces or are there any hints/tips to make this job as easy as possible.

Cheers... Rob.

Reply to
Rob. Smith