LT230 transfer box

Hi all I need to change the front out put drive bearing, but don't want to strip the box The question is If I remove the front out put flange, oil seal and the circlip can the bearing be pulled out by the front out put drive shaft? (will this shaft come out if the bearing was not there and pull through the front of the box and slide back again without the diff in the box falling out of alignment) I am thinking of using the out put shaft as an extractor to pull the bearing out if this is possible and then fitting a new bearing to the shaft and then refitting shaft and bearing together

All the best And thanks for any help

Ken

Reply to
Ken