ML 270 CDI Rear wheel locking any ideas

My 270 cdi (02 mod) has stood idel for 5 weeks when i now come to drive it the rear wheel seems to lock up as i pull away then once running its fine till i stop then as i pull away again it seems to
lock up until the car starts to move. im thinking it could be brackes ? drive shaft or diff anyone else had this problem the noise it makes is like a rubbing

Call a dealer or a goof mechanic as it sounds like diff trouble (not uncommon with four wheel drive vehicles). Continuing to drive it may cause damage so get it checked out.

Or it could be a stuck caliper. Much cheaper and less serious. If you suggest anything to anyone who is taking your money, suggest the brake first. It is easier to check for, easier to fix, and all around less expensive. Not to mention, I think the more likely culprit. Although my advice when taking a car to a dealer or mechanic if I don't know how honest they are, is only tell them the problem, not a list of possible diagnoses. No reason to give them an excuse to take the wrong route of diagnosis intentionally just to squeeze more money out of me. I've had this happen and felt like a fool, but I am sure that if they were competent and honest, they would have checked the cheaper and more likely stuff first.