300e

hey guys,

i have a 300e mercedes. the mileage is around 67,000...I just got my wiring harness replaced and it cost a heck of a lot of money. unfortunately, another problem has surfaced: the check engine light comes on! i am trying to find out the problem and my best bet is to get the code reading from the vehicle so that i can further diagnose the problem. i don't want to take it back to the mechanic because he'll charge me a lot of money just for the diagnostics. is there any tool out there that would allow me to find out the diagnostics code. my car has an obd system.... please help..

thanks, uchenna

Reply to
uche

FYI...it is a 1993 300E

Reply to
uche
1993 model year has a diagnostic light counter... There are websites that tells you how to use it.

At the battery... where you got the square diagnostic plug... take cover off... and you should see a button there with a led light next to it... With ignition on... press the button for 3 seconds and let go... the light will start blinking.

Count the blinks... if there are more than two, it will pause and then blink another set of codes until it repeats itself.

Once you write down the codes, look it up on the internet... again, people post the code info.

I think to delete these codes, you have to hold down for 15 seconds.

Reply to
Tiger