300E Center Muffler

My center muffler has a hole in the rear connector pipe. Do you have any recommendations about replacement. I can do the work but what brand is the best value. I will probably have the car for another 50k miles or 5 years. Also, where should I buy ? thanks

Reply to
JB

If one muffler is falling apart, the rest of the system's probably pretty close to. I bought a stainless system (ferritta) for my (late) 300E. Slightly cheaper than stock, but with an awsome sound =) Not louder, but nicer IMHO.

"JB" skrev i meddelandet news:LluCb.1068$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.columbus.rr.com...

Reply to
MaH

It's hard to argue with the quality of Mercedes OEM (Eberspaecher) exhaust components. Just look how long the last system lasted...

Ron

German Star

My center muffler and rear silencer died at 150k. Not bad I guess. That includes 4 yrs in Minnesota, some time in Missouri, and the rest of its life here in Colorado. Snow and road grit. I went with MB OEM parts. Sometimes I wish I would have investigated a different setup maybe for better exhaust sound and a few extra horsepower. My exhaust makes almost zero sound with new parts. Nice, in its own tranquil way. I can hear the birds twitter when my car is running.

J 1990 300TE 200k miles
Reply to
Jason M.

I just replaced a complete muffler system from the exhaust manifold to the tail muffler and all bolts, hangers, and rubber donuts (1981

240D).

I ordered the complete system from a Napa auto parts store for $208.00 (Walker brand) and ordered manifold donut for the header pipe ($15.00 including shipping).

Sounds great, fits great, $130.00 in total labor.

It started as a DIY, but I could not break the exhaust manifold nuts;

Reply to
Vincent DiGioia