722.4 no reverse engagement

I trust by now most have realized that the 5 speed transmission did not app ear until mid'95 and latter. Every 140 before that had the same transmissio n. To answer the question about the 722.3 and the 722.4 difference- there real ly isn't a great deal of difference when diagnosing a problem. The 722.3 ha s less parts as it is a 3speed for most application I believe. I could be i ncorrect on that but an 80 450 has a 722.3 3speed auto.

Reply to
southwestcollectibles

ppear until mid'95 and latter. Every 140 before that had the same transmiss ion.

ally isn't a great deal of difference when diagnosing a problem. The 722.3 has less parts as it is a 3speed for most application I believe. I could be incorrect on that but an 80 450 has a 722.3 3speed auto.

Correction- I was confusing my 80 SLC with my 82 500SE. The 722.3 is 4speed . Here's a list of trans.

southwestcollectibles