1991 Camry No Reverse

I handed my 1991 4 cylinder automatic Camry down to my daughter. Last night she lost reverse. There is fluid in the transmission. Any easy fixes? Any idea what it might cost to have a local fix the transmission?

Reply to
Ribbet4

Oooooo. I believe Reverse is MECHANICAL only, no ECT involved...

Could be something simple, but if you check with Cottman, I bet it'll be $1200. (ALL their estimates are $1200!!!!)

Reply to
HachiRoku

It's possible the put it in reverse or drive before the car stopped moving in the opposite direction. That can mess things up quick. You can try putting in a used trans for less money but it's gonna hurt your pocket anyway.

night

Any

Reply to
Rog