722.400 trans

I just received a transmission from asap motors for my 85 190d. Specified a diesel but of course, when it arrives instead of 722.403 I get 722.400.

If I return this I suspect I will be paying freight at least one way if not both so the question is can this transmission which I suspect is for a gas engine work in my diesel.

If parts have to be swapped, are those parts involved in moving fluid? The fluid in my old trans was waterlogged so any of those parts are surely ng.

Thanks in advance!!

Reply to
vtmbz

Call them up... never assume anything. They messed up, they pay the freight back otherwise get credit card co involved.

Reply to
Tiger

In case you're interested, it *is* for a gas engine. My GF has the same tranny in her '88 190E (2.0 petrol).

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

ASAP as in Atlanta Stuttgart? He closed the yard but I'd heard rumors he was starting back up online only. Dave's a great guy, salt of thr earth and his viper has taken me faster than I've gone in any car, ever.

Reply to
Richard Sexton