74 240D tachometer

I have a 74 240D, and I was thinking about installing a tachometer A few questions ...

1) Aside from being able to match revs on the downshift, is there any other advantage to having a tach?

2) Is this relatively easy or hard to install? Also, do I need an MB tach or can I use a generic?

Unrelated - I'm also looking for safety equipment parts, like seat belt buckles (male and female ends). Does MB have a lifetime warranty on such parts (I know Honda (shudder) does)? If not, where can I find such esoteric parts other than scouring junkyards?

Thanks!

Reply to
Sunilito
74 240D tachometer

1) Aside from being able to match revs on the downshift, is there any other advantage to having a tach?

2) Is this relatively easy or hard to install? Also, do I need an MB tach or can I use a generic? Unrelated - I'm also looking for safety equipment parts, like seat belt buckles (male and female ends). Does MB have a lifetime warranty on such parts (I know Honda (shudder) does)? If not, where can I find such esoteric parts other than scouring junkyards? Thanks! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a tach in my opinion is not needed.

there are good places for used parts just look here

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN