82' 300SD Turbo - Upholstery & Door Panels

Can any of you suggest a good web site to order replacement front & rear leather seats (material) and door panels? Thanks for any help! Joe

Reply to
Jboyd4

Al Abbasi

Some owners have had good success restoring old cracked and stained leather seats using Leatherique. Takes a few days to soften the old leather, redye it to original color and finish its top surface. www.*leatherique*.com

Door lock question. Vacuum powered door locks open and close ALL doors, trunk and fuel door. One could, I suppose, cripple the vacuum system at the driver's door lock so the other doors no longer locked or unlocked in tandem with the driver's door.

Back windows do have a lock out (center) button on the driver's window button console.

Good luck with your "new" car.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Further thought about the door locks.

See if the back doors can be opened from the inside when the driver's door is locked. If not, then drive with the doors locked.

Otherwise, I suggested disconnecting the door locks. Rather than messing about inside the driver's door I'd suggest you disconnect the whole locking vacuum system connection under the hood so you can restore it more easily if its non-operation proves to be inconvenient.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Shhh, there is nothing under the hood for the door locks...... Electric pump in the trunk.

locked. If not, then

inside the driver's

under the hood so you

Reply to