89 560sel No Blower Motor

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am having trouble with the blower motor not working, there are the console lights for all the other switches but none for the Fan Speed or for the Direction selectors. The fan does not go on but when i select a direction switch i can hear the ducting opening and closing. I have checked the fuses, they all seem fine.

any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Chas.O.Hall

Could be alot of things, first try the fuses, the strip fuse next to the fuse box, the blower motor regulator and then the climate control unit.

Reply to
macdrone

Reply to
Chas.O.Hall

If it's not the fuses, and it's not the blower motor itself (it usually gets noisy for a year before it dies) then it's invariably the push button assembly. Look for a used one off ebay for 50.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I rechecked the fuses and the Auxilary fuse for conitinuity and they all check good. Now as i was closing the lid on the Aux fuse i touched the fuse it's self thinking this is a big chunk on metal going across the terminals. then i saw it was indeed broken. (: Ran into the house and made a temporary fuse out of a couple of folds of tin foil. "Presto" blower works. Now to find where i can get that funny looking fuse. But still no lights on the pushbutton assembly !?

Thanks aga> If it's not the fuses, and it's not the blower motor itself (it usually

Reply to
Chas.O.Hall

If you have any luck with the unit lights email me. I had the same problem so far, just didnt get the lights working yet.

Reply to
macdrone

Will do, but don't hild your breath on that. Problably won't get to that until the spring as it is getting cold out here in canada.

Thanks.

Reply to
Chas.O.Hall

Buy enough fuses to replace tham all and clean the contacts in the fuseholder itself with an pen ink eraser. The stories about fuses testing good but not working in these cars are legend. Replace them every 10 years and you shouldn't have a problem. Your are original no doubt: change 'em!

The pushbutton lights are controlled by the dimmer rheostat. Does that work?

Reply to
Richard Sexton