Blower Motor 1990 Loyale

Blower fan wont work on any speed. The two 15 amp blower fuses are good. The blower motor is good. There is no power to the plug that the blower motor plugs into. There is a relay and the fan switch, but I cant figure out how to get to either to test. They both seem to be behind the dash.

Reply to
issjoe

Check the brake lights. I'm not sure if the Loyale is wired the same, but on a '90 Legacy, the blower fan is on the same circuit as the brake lights. If you have a short there, it would make both stop working.

Also, and I knwo this is a sort of fonzie-esque fix, try jiggling the wire bundle that comes out the top of the fuse box. I used to have trouble with that circuit, and if the blower moter went out, kicking just above the fuse box usually made it come back on. (THere is also usually a "No, I can't turn the heater off; I need to listen to it to make sure my brake lights still work" step involved if you've got a passenger)

Reply to
L. Ross Raszewski