'96 C280 Engine stall

Hi There,

I've got a W202 '96 C280, with abour 130000kms on the clock. The car suddenly stalled when the engine is switched on. I have no problems to start the car at all. Afterwards, I tried to restart the car, the engine can be switched on, yet the revs are not consistantly, and always trying to "switching off" itself, with the car and engine shaking, and trying to stall, yet the revs climbs up again, yet the revs drops again, and then the engine gets stalled. Sometimes I can tried to maintain the engine to run by depressing the acclerator. Yet sometimes even when I depress the pedal, the car still gets stall.

I tried many times to start the car, the car switched on, yet the engine gets stalled again afterwards shortly.

Any idea why that could happen, and how I should resolve the problem?? Any advise are welcome and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Many Thanks and Best Regards, Joe.

Reply to
Joe

First Aid:

Suggest you check the air intake ducting from the engine's air filter to the intake manifold for a loose clamp, holed rubber boot - anything that allows unmetered air into the motor. In simple words ... a vacuum leak. The motor's control system can't deal with unmetered air so it "hunts" by adjusting the rpms up and down but the extra air dilutes the air/fuel ratio and makes it difficult for the cylinders to fire efficiently.

That would be the first look.

If you find nothing, take it to a shop and ask them to retrieve but NOT ERASE the DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) from the engine's ECU (computer); these are the technical clues needed to fix the problem.

By now the "Check Engine" light must be ON, so there IS a stored code.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

On Mar 9, 8:56 am, "-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to