97 E320: water enters body

Hi all, I can hear the sound of a lot of water moving whenever I brake or accelerate. The sound seems to come from somewhere under the door(s) of the drive side, as if I have a large container of water glued to the car. Does any one know how to remove and block the water from entering again? Thank you for your help.

Reply to
Seeker

If water has entered your driver door, it would be from the window squeeze. So I'd inspect and replace it. Very easy job... get the part from dealer.

Reply to
Tiger

I suggest that your air conditioner evaporator might not be draining properly and the sloshing you hear is actually in the evaporator core under the passenger side dash.

You should locate the A/C drain (not sure if it is in the transmission hump or on the passenger side firewall in side the engine compartment on this car. Make certain it is not obstructed either outside or inside (a bent coat hanger will suffice to probe inside, but be careful not to force it a poke a hole in the rubber tube. If you clean it and there is suddenly a lot of water draining out of it, I think you will have found your problem.

Reply to
me

Ummm ... before spending any large amounts of money, check the back seat and the trunk. You are looking for large beer containers, such as kegs or poneys or maybe just a few big bottles that are not completely empty. If they are nearly empty, this could explain why you have not thought of this on your own.

Reply to
mcbrue

Usually I remember because I need the deposit back.

Reply to
me

Weep holes in bottom of door itself may be plugged with debris. Water usually gets past window sweep and should drain out the bottom. I'd check these first.

Reply to
Philip Leeson