Passat makes a "thud" sound??

Hi,

I have a 2000 Passat GLX V6 Automatic. When accelerating fast from a full stop, I hear a "thud" from the front of the vehicle. The sound occurs once when the car starts moving. If I accelerate slowly from a full stop, then I do not hear that noise.

Also, if I accelerate with my foot on the brake, I can create the same "thud" sound.

Any ideas on what that could be? Would this be something typically covered under a power/tran warranty?

Thanks, AABob

Reply to
AABob

Bad motor/gearbox mount?

SFC

"AABob" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@p29g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
SFC

Just what he said. CF

Reply to
Chuckie Finzter

Have that suspension fully checked too! Could be a ball joint or tie rod ready to pop and that is no fun!!!

It should be very easy to locate since you can get it to reoccur easily! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1